ADMISSION GUIDELINES 2023-24
- The students who have passed H.S. or equivalent examination in 2021, 2022 and 2023 are only eligible to apply.
- Admission into different Major Courses will be strictly on the merit basis and availability of seats.
- Each student will have to mention his/her personal valid email id and valid mobile number while his/her application form. A student must upload his/her
- Admit card of class X examination,
- H.S. or equivalent mark sheet,
- One recent colour photograph,
- Original caste and/or PH certificate (if any) during the form fill up.
- Original EWS certificate (if, applicable)
- No application fees will be charged.
- If a student wishes to apply for free student-ship (Half-fee & full fees), he/she will have to pay Rs. 10 at the time of admission fee payment.
- In one application a student will apply 3 major subjects.
- If one candidate gets admission in his/her 1st preference of Major Course he/she will not be able to take admission in other’s preferences. (If, the candidate takes admission in the 3rd preference, he/she still will be awaiting for 1st and 2nd preference merit list).
- Physical attendance in the class for verification of all original testimonials on the stipulated dates is mandatory; other-wise his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- A set of self attested testimonials with duly filled application form is needed to submit during verification in the college.
- Physical test will be done for preparation of merit list of the Major Subjects of Physical Education and NCC (National Cadet Corps) by sending mail and telephonic communication.
- No subject change would be made after physical verification.
***IN CASE ANY DISCREPANCY IS FOUND DURING THE VERIFICATION THE CANDIDATURE OF THE CONCERNED CANDIDATE WILL BE CANCELLED AND ADMISSION FEES WILL BE FORFEITED
Courses Offered by the College:
- Major subjects in Arts & Humanities:
Bengali, English, Education, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, Physical Education, NCC, & Geography
- Major subject: B.Com
- Major subjects in Science:
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, & Mathematics
Important Note: Education, Physical Education, Physics, Mathematics, and Commerce will be treated as 4 years degree with Honours on the basis of subjects to approval to the Higher Education Council, Govt. of West Bengal. Without Approval from the competent authority these subjects will be treated as a 3-year degree course ONLY.
- B.A 1st Year (Arts - All Major Subjects except Geography & Physical Education): Rs.2505.00
- B.A 1st Year (Arts - Geography Major): Rs.3660.00
- B.A 1st Year (Arts - Physical Education Major): Rs.3605.00
- B.Sc. 1st Year (Science - All Major Subjects): Rs.3660.00
- B.Com 1st Year (Commerce Major): Rs.2505.00
Documents required at the time of admission
- Admission Form with affixed one colour photograph of the student.
- One self attested Xerox copy of M.P. Admit, one self attested H.S. Mark Sheet, one self attested School leaving Certificate, one self attested SC/ST/OBC (A) /OBC(B)/PH/BPL Certificates(where it is applicable).
- Original H.S. or Equivalent Exam. Mark Sheet and M.P. Admit for date of Birth.
- Original SC/ST/OBC (A)/OBC (B)/PH/BPL certificate, if applicable.
- Original EWS certificate is required from the competent authority (if applicable).
- Xerox Copies of Money Receipts both Online Registration and Online Admission.(one copy money receipt of Online Registration and Online Admission should be retained by the candidates for future requirement)
- Xerox copy of ABC ID card is mandatory during the document verification process, other-wise institution will not be responsible for UG registration.
* The Candidates who will be eligible to get themselves admitted in Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya as per merit list, must deposit the prescribed fees through online and thereafter they will attend at Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya within scheduled dates for verification of testimonials (after making payment) will be done after commencement of classes, otherwise their candidature for admission will be cancelled without giving any notice.
**The candidate himself/herself must be present during the verification of testimonials. If in any case, due to any emergency (Hospitalization etc.) the candidate could not appear in the classes during verification of testimonials on the stipulated dates, his/her authorized representatives may appear with all original testimonials and supporting documents of hospitalization etc. only.
***The candidate has to submit a cancellation certificate at the time verification of testimonials if he/she was already admitted to another college.
***Under any circumstances, physical attendance of the candidate/guardian in the college will not be entertained.
A candidate may apply for Major if only following conditions are fulfilled :-
- Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (W.B.C.H.S.E.) after a period of 12 years study or any other equivalent (10+2) pattern of examination conducted by the I.S.C. or C.B.S.E. or any other Board recognized as equivalent by the Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University, provided the student has passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject.
- For all laboratory-based subjects, the student must have passed in that subject at 10+2 level, if that subject exists in the HS subjects list, or equivalent subject if it does not exist in the HS list of subjects, as per existing admission guidelines.
- Admission will be on merit and availability of seats, provided that for SC/ST Candidates, the minimum marks for eligibility will be as per rules of the State Government.
- A candidate will be allowed to take up any Major Subject in 4-year UG Programme, if he/she/transgender has passed in the corresponding subject (s) at the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) recognized as equivalent by the University.
Help Line Contacts [10:00 AM to 5:00 PM]
- Dr. Bhupen Barman, Assistant Professor in Geography & Administrator: 7679895727
- Prof. Dwijen Singha, Assistant Professor in Bengali & Convener: 8967971912
- Prof. Tapas Barman, Assistant Professor in Sanskrit: 7980995598
- Prof. Biswajit Adhikary, Assistant Professor in History: 9434625573
- Shri Ashok Sarkar, SACT in English: 8250993021
- Shri Sukamal Barman, Non-Teaching Staff: 9064069584